10 tips on how to save money on packaging and strappingtilens
Industrial packaging and strapping – how to pack cheap?
Industrial packaging is just as important as the product itself within the package. Its purpose is to facilitate the transfer of products to stores. It also enables faster product recognition. The most important feature of the industrial packaging is the protection of the product. Therefore, it must be coordinated with the purpose and storage environment. It is important that industrial packaging meets all or any of the following criteria:
- It must be strong enough and durable to withstand permanent load (heavy cardboard boxes stacked together)
- It must ensure the product and, in the event of a fall, to alleviate it
- It must be sufficiently sealed to prevent moisture and air from entering
- It must be weather resistant, which could destroy the quality of the product
- It must be compactly packaged, as it ensures to the customer that no product has been opened before it
- Our packed material satisfies all of the above conditions, thus providing customers with lasting satisfaction, which is reflected through their loyalty. It is important for a customer to know that, in the case of non-quality packaging material, there may be more costs at the end than in the case of a little more deducting at the beginning for good quality.
The above conditions must be met in full, in particular, when the packaged product is exposed to different weather conditions and longer transport. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the right strategy, which aims at lower costs and the safety of packaged products. Here are ten ways to save on industrial packaging: 1. Assess the requirements of each product
1. Evaluate the requirements of each product
Thoroughly evaluate the prescribed packing requirements that are attributed to each product and then compare them with your current practice (for example, you may find that both plastic film and thinner board are suitable for packaging a particular product) .2. Check that the packing boxes are of the right size
2. Check that the packing boxes are of the right size
Experts say that it is not advisable to have more than 2 cm of space between the product and the packaging. Therefore, it is better to choose small boxes, not only because of the more compact packaging, but also because of the lower costs of purchasing and shipping products. Remove excess layers and labels
3. Remove excessive layers and labels
Each layer of cardboard, foam, etc., which is added to the packaging increases the cost. If the product really needs strong protection, consider replacing more lighter layers, for one more compact and sturdier. Also limit the number of labels, so it is recommended to stick one on the outside of the box and one on the inside.
4. Buy plastic or textile/composite straps in large quantities
Find out which suppliers offer you a discount when you purchase them. This does not always mean that purchases are made at the largest suppliers. It often happens that small packing material suppliers, which have developed good relations with their suppliers, are the ones that offer the possibility of the biggest discounts.
5. Reduce labor costs
It is always necessary to be striving to improve efficiency. This can be achieved by streamlining processes, maintaining tools and equipment, and continuing training for workers.
6. Re-use what is possible
With careful planning, many packaging materials can be reused. In this case, it is also necessary to take into account the material that we receive together with the raw materials for the manufacture of our products, and not only the one that goes with the product to the customer.
7. Maintain tools and equipment
Implement a preventive maintenance program for packaging, equipment, and tools. Establish a monitoring schedule and set up a maintenance and documentation tracking system. You create procedures for reporting problems and possible problems. It is also important to invest in the stock of spare parts that you need most often.
8. Consider the “Purchase Repurchase” and “Used Over New” System
Where possible, refurbish old equipment or buy used. This kind of choice can be good if the equipment is not the key to doing business. It is best to judge yourself whether packing equipment is the key to the business and the quality of your products.
9. Pay attention to price changes
Prices of products such as stretch foil and steel strips can fluctuate significantly from month to month. If you do not devote attention to this kind of price fluctuations, it can quickly happen that the costs increase. This is also one of the key reasons for dealing with a supplier that you trust. Thus, the risks are lower.
10. Find a supplier that offers everything you need
A reliable, experienced and professional supplier of packing material can save you a lot of money. He needs to know what he has available and advise you on the choice of his products that meet your needs. It is good to choose such a supplier, with which you intend to participate for a longer period of time, as it better sees your business and your needs. batterystrapping.com is international supplier and we offers all the necessary tools and straps for packing.